Masjid is open for congregational prayers. Please follow our Covid-19 guidelines when attending the Masjid
Women's clothing in Salaat
6th April 2007
Aaisha (ra) has narrated that RasulAllah (saw) stated :
‘A mature women’s prayer, if performed without a large sheet is not accepted.’ (Abu Dawood, Tirmizi)
For the prayer to be correct there are certain conditions:
• One such condition is that the face, the portion BELOW both ankles and the fingers of both hands can be exposed. Apart from this it is COMPULSORY (FARD) to cover all other parts of the body. Whether the women reads in privacy or openly, these conditions are binding in both respects.
At the time of RasulAllah (saw) the Muslim women would cover their bodies with a thick cloth whether in prayer or outside of this worship.
(Sharee Hijab, p124)
When you attend the Masjid please make sure that you are wearing the appropriate clothing that covers the body adequately according to the conditions set is Shariah.
1. Women must cover their head and hair completely with a large sheet/ scarf draped over the shoulders.
2. Women must wear a long loose fitting shirt with full length sleeves (to cover the area over the wrist)
3. Women must wear a loose fitting full length lower garment reaching below the ankles. If you choose to wear a skirt, please ensure that it covers the legs and ankles completely to fulfil the conditions of Salat.
4. If sisters choose to wear clothing of their own choice, then, they are advised respectfully to adopt an Abaya or Burka to attend the Masjid and offer their prayers.
Mufti Yusuf Danka (CMIC)